Documentation, coding services, and communication with insurance companies are brought into action once medical assistance has been provided. Physicians can complete their day-to-day processes with the use of medical billing software with a few clicks only. Medical billing companies use EHR software.
When EHR is integrated with revenue cycle and medical billing, many features can be provided, such as
- Scheduling of Accounts: this schedules the slots in an orderly manner.
- Eligibility checks in insurance: To confirm whether the patient is is qualified or not for insurance, eligibility checks are brought into account. This ensures the eligibility of the patient to avail of the service.
- Transfer of claims electronically: this allows the billing data to be sent to insurance companies without any obstacles.
- Use of EMR for automatic data transfer: To ensure that data isn’t repeated, EMR is used.
- Statement of billing: the billing and insurance statements are sent to the patient.
- Follow-up services: This confirms the payment of all outstanding claims.
The benefits a medical billing company gets through medical billing services are many. The fact that automation saves a lot of time for the physicians, billing services are offered instantly. The time saved is used to give care to patients. Moreover, the EHR software is fruitful as integration with it causes the transfer of information with almost no effort. A cherry on top is that efficiency and accuracy are guaranteed. As most of the time is saved, physicians get relief from the daily billing hassle they used to deal with. Consequently, their peace of mind allows them to concentrate on other aspects of practice without much workload. With the introduction of PrognoCIS software, enhanced services like practice management, billing, and EMR are provided to the medical billing companies.
In addition, there are several benefits that medical billing companies have on your practice. The following are a few of them.
- All issues related to medical billing are eliminated to a great extent. This happens after transferring your responsibilities to sincere medical coding and billing professionals. Your time and effort are saved when you work with insurance payers. Moreover, they are responsible for getting the daily tasks done. So, it’s like a guarantee that work will be done.
- Significant increase in your overall collections. A sign that your medical billing service is good is the results. Results should show you increased net collections. Depending on the defects, the increases range between 10-50%. With a net gain, you can immediately recognize the boost in your daily profits. These profits will be sufficient to cover the fee you have to give to medical billing companies. Extra profit also means staff gets bonuses regularly.
- 100% accountability: Usually, the shortcomings are ignored by many practices. They understand that the billing team has a lot on its plate. Therefore, stakeholders also tolerate ordinary billing results. But with a company that is an expert, there will be no excuses as no discontinuance. You will see a higher return on investment when one account manager accepts all the accountability.
- Overhead cost is reduced: When your partner with an experienced medical billing company, your overhead cost is automatically reduced.
In conclusion, efficiency in reporting and accountability is increased when medical billing is used in the right way. Your time will be saved as it’s easy to use. There is a lot to offer. The point is how we use the services provided to us.